Maui Must Do’s
As we get older, it becomes more and more difficult to get the family together, so last year when my dad planted the seed about a family vacation to Maui at Christmas, I was sold.
We stayed near Lahaina in Maui, a historic whaling village, full of culture, great restaurants, incredible views and yummy cocktails.
If you’re planning a trip to Maui, here are a few of the MUST-DO’s while you’re there:
- The Road to Hana – This is by far one of the most exhilarating experiences on the island. It’s a full day excursion, so be sure to pack some snacks and settle in! My advice is to rent a jeep and take the drive yourself – the drive is as much fun as the trip itself! And don’t forget your camera – this trip has some of the most beautiful views you’ll ever see.
- Snorkelling Excursion – I love being near or in the water, always have, always will, so we did some major research and found an amazing catamaran excursion company called Alii Nui Maui. We booked a 3-hour excursion to Turtle Point, where yes, we saw a ton of turtles along with other majestic wildlife. They also had a catered lunch and an open bar (need I say more?).
- Maui Luau – If you’ve never experienced one, than you must go to The Feast At Lele. You’re situated right on the beach in the heart of Lahaina that features a sit-down dinner of five epicurean courses from the Pacific island nations of Aotearoa, Tahiti, Samoa, and Hawaiʻi. The Feast at Lele is a royal tour of the cuisine of Polynesia, sharing the spotlight with music and dance from four exotic Pacific islands. I’ll admit, it’s a bit cheesy, but in the best way possible!
- Mama’s Fish House – We ate here for my birthday (and it was so packed, we could only do lunch). Everyone I spoke to said we HAD to eat here, so I had VERY high expectations…and let me tell you, the food, the drinks, the ambiance, the service, the location… EXCEEDED my expectations. SO SO SO good. And now I’ll be one of those people who say “You HAVE to eat here!”
- Drinks at The Four Seasons – We had drinks and dinner at The Four Seasons in Wailea later that day, and I would highly recommend coming here for happy hour. Again, the views are out of this world and it’s a really great vibe.
Oh, and it obviously goes without saying: make sure you spend lots of time at the beach or by the pool; it’s your vacation after all!
Here are some of my favourite looks I wore in Maui:
High-Waisted Bikini with Tassels – Tularosa, Revolve; Sun Hat – Eric Javits, Nordstrom, Striped Embroidered Bikini – Zimmermann, Sandals – Ancient Greek Sandals, Maxi Dress – Cinq a Sept, Sandals – Paul Andrew (similar HERE), Bag – Serpui Marie, Shopbop (similar HERE), Striped Cotton Dress – Intermix, Bag – Cult Gaia, Shopbop, White and Black Tiered Dress – Zimmermann (similar HERE), Sandals – Stuart Weitzman